Tuesday, May 15, 2007

No TWILF, but some great tacos!


Still recovering from the news of the closing of Castillo, our late-night taco joint in Mar Vista, I've decided to search for the ultimate taqueria in my new neighborhood, SF's Mission district. There is no shortage of Mexican food here, but I really haven't made much progress yet in exploring the local "taco scene".

I was working from home today, and decided to go for a stroll at lunchtime. I wanted to eat somewhere close-by and stopped by Taqueria Castillito (little Castillo in spanish!), which is just a few blocks away, and located conveniently next to blockbuster and my safeway... Still I never entered their doors until today, and it wasn't too packed inside at late lunchtime. (a bad sign?)

I wasn't confident I'd find anything comparable to Castillo... at least not for a while...
too many good memories of great late nights... memories of tacos after exams, karaoke nights, and Rista curling my entire body weight in front of the place! (I'll see if I can find the picture.. he has demon eyes in it)

What I did find was a brand new delicious door to taco heaven...
The tacos (see the pic above) blew me away! Exactly what I was hoping for, but loaded even higher with meats. I only got two tacos, Pork Al-Pastor, and Carnitas ... both were super tasty and filling... the Carnitas were tender, and the Al-pastor was savory tomatoey, instead of greasy. I am definitely going back for the carne asada. Maybe tomorrow! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home