Sunday, June 08, 2008

Eating right on my last day in Lima


I walked around almost all of Miraflores on my last day in Lima. Deciding to sample as much local food as I could before leaving, I stopped by Cuarto y Mitad, a local chophouse famous for it's high quality meals. I enjoyed a half bottle of Peruvian wine, which was delicous, and an ostrich (ostreza) filet with grilled vegetables. The food looked incredible, and tasted great... I also got a chance to observe a lot of white collar limenyos eating lunch as part of their workday. The ostrich tasted great, and was quite lean... the highlight, however, was the yellow dipping sauce made of Aji Amarillo (a local yellow pepper that has a great spicy flavor) ... I talked to my waiter for quite a while about its origins, and he eventually gave me a cup of their dipping sauce to take home. :) Ridiculously, my meal only cost around $11 including the wine! I'm tempted to move to lima because of how affordable it is to eat well... (the delicious ceviches were only around $7 each and could probably feed 2)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home