Thursday, July 14, 2005

hot town... summer in the city















After my first full week in the city, I decided to go exploring in my area... (North Beach) When I got to Grant & Green, I quickly found myself walking into a funeral procession which was headed by a marching band. I guess they don't mind going so slow in the city, when all the cars are crawling too.. I returned later in the week to a bar just up the road from here, called the "Lost and Found" bar... I actually ended up there because there was a crazy woman in my apartment's alley. I parked my car after work and walked home only to find an older woman with sunglasses on (it was night time) screaming into a phone.. the phone receiver had a cord that hung down to her elbow, where it was snipped off, and she looked like she needed dentures badly... Yeah, I had my fill of crazyness right then and there, so I decided to hit up a local bar and enjoy a cold one... I met the bartender, Monica, who was friendly, and two other characters hanging out.. One was a limo driver named Eddie, and the other was an Native American named Perry.. (he called me serpico for the entire night) We got along alright and had a pretty fun tuesday night... then, just as Eddie was showing me some brown spider bites he had gotten in Tahoe (he said you apparently can die from this) a large black dude with a low booming voice stepped in and sat down with us... His name was Monty, and it was his 35th birthday. He had no one to spend his birthday with, so we all started ordering rounds, and the night lasted longer than it probably should have... Work the next day felt even longer though..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home